Programme: Supported hiring into permanent role
Start Date: ASAP
Chaucer is looking for a Legal Expert to join their team on a full time, flexible or part time basis. This is a supported hire permanent position – successful hires who have taken a career break of 2+ years will receive coaching support through the transition period from Women Returners.
About the role
This role is responsible for Legal and Wordings oversight and standards improvement throughout the Political and Credit Risk Underwriting Team. Key responsibilities include:
- Provide support to underwriters on drafting of wordings/ clauses / endorsements, conﬁdentiality agreements and review of contract documentation and legal opinions
- Provide training to team on legal and regulatory issues affecting the clients and their insurances
- Providing support to underwriters in review and amendments to Non Disclosure Agreements / Conﬁdentiality Agreements
- Join underwriters on calls and in meetings with clients, brokers and lawyers to discuss wordings
- Assist underwriters with review of contractual documentation and legal opinions
- Present within team meetings (& internal management as required) on pertinent legal issues impacting the business
- Keep up-to-date with market legal activity/ issues
- Ad hoc support; legal focused project work
- Compliance with Lloyd’s regulations and byelaws
- Represent Chaucer Political and Credit team at relevant market forums
What they are looking for
You will have a legal qualiﬁcation or relevant experience.
Candidates should have experience of working in an insurance division within a legal ﬁrm, with knowledge of insurance law, including Insurance Act 2015.
If you have a professional outlook with great interpersonal skills, including the ability to present at all levels, then Chaucer would like to hear from you.
Chaucer is a leading specialty insurance group providing clients with proven smart risk solutions for underwriting and claims. Their enterprising and trusted experts offer market-leading cross class capabilities, empowered decision-making and a tailored approach.
With their headquarters in London, and their international hubs for Europe, MENA, Latin America and Asia, they protect clients in over 200 countries and territories worldwide. Chaucer offer clients the ﬂexibility of both Lloyd’s and, through Chaucer Dublin, the company markets.
How to apply
Please email your cover letter and CV to Sandra Isaac at email@example.com
If you have any questions regarding the role, please contact Sandra.
The closing date for applications is 29th November but please apply as soon as possible.