Career Returners @ Allianz – IT Manager
Location: Guildford, Surrey
Start date: Flexible
Programme: 6 month returnship
A career gap shouldn’t be a barrier to realising your professional goals and aspirations. During 2017 Allianz Insurance launched a 6 month paid programme specifically for people who’ve been out of the workforce for at least two years. After the success of the first recruitment round, Allianz has opened up a new role on the programme. Joining them as an IT Manager, you will have the opportunity to secure a permanent position, once a great fit for both you and the business has been established.
Who Allianz is looking for
Allianz is keen to welcome back experienced and talented professionals who can contribute to their focus on true customer centricity. You will have been a natural relationship builder and influencer in a previous professional/managerial role, working in a collaborative and communicative way. In exchange for a competitive salary package and the support of the programme, they’re looking for people with the following skills and experience:
- Experience in the set up and management of IT portfolio plans including prioritisation, dependency management, cost, time and quality tracking
- Strong IT skills with a keen interest in leveraging agile principles and methodology
- Excellent understanding of the Systems Development Lifecycle, systems integration and support
- Strong people leadership skills with a proven ability to work with all levels of stakeholder and build effective relationships
- Ability to coach and motivate team members supporting them with their personal and professional development
- An appreciation of finance, compliance, information security and the principles of software and engineering excellence
- Excellent analytical skills
- Experience of building a highly inclusive culture and providing Leadership that engages employees, key stakeholders and Customers
If this sounds like you, read on and apply.
About the Programme
The 6 month programme will be located in Guildford, Surrey at the Allianz Insurance Head Office. During this time you will have the opportunity to contribute to significant projects within the business with tangible outcomes whilst you refresh your technical skills, continue your professional development and network with others on the programme and the wider business. You will be supported by bespoke Women Returners’ coaching sessions and business-based mentors, all with a view to you becoming a permanent member of the Allianz team following the programme.
Allianz aims to be the outstanding competitor in personal and commercial insurance in the UK, helping people and companies move on and up in business and life.
They are the 34th largest company in the world and have over 85 million customers in 70 different countries. There are over 4,500 people working in 22 offices across the UK. At Allianz UK, everyone brings their own expertise and enthusiasm to work, to enable customers to make the right insurance decisions to meet their needs.
Allianz nurtures and invests in talent to ensure that great people build great careers with them. There’s a variety of different career opportunities which enable people to fulfil their potential and they provide an award-winning range of training, recognised in 2015 by Investors in People (IIP) with a Gold level accreditation until 2018. Other prestigious industry awards they have won include General Insurer of the Decade at the British Insurance Awards 2014.
To find out more about what it’s like to work for Allianz visit their website: Allianz – Our People
To apply please go to Careers at Allianz and complete the online application form. Apply as soon as possible.
Please note that the intended recruitment process for successful candidates will include an initial telephone conversation, there may then be a requirement for one or more interviews at the Guildford Head Office.
Should you have any queries about the programme please email firstname.lastname@example.org stating Returnships in the header.