BlackRock Returner Programme
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients.
BlackRock is delighted to partner Women Returners on this cross-company Returners to Financial Services Scotland Programme funded by the Scottish Government and has a number of 3 month paid placements available in Edinburgh.
How will you benefit from the programme?
You will receive internal mentoring, together with coaching support from Women Returners to help you to transition successfully back into the workplace. As coaching support will be delivered centrally, you will benefit from a large supportive peer network.
- A dedicated mentor who will provide advice during the programme
- Broaden your professional networks and develop new relationships
- Meet with other programme participants and people in your respective business area
- Learn about business and regulatory changes in the financial services industry
- This role provides you with the opportunity to develop your knowledge and understanding of a vast array of BlackRock departments as well as external suppliers
Who are they looking for?
BlackRock has opportunities in a variety of areas in the business:
The Investment Accounting Group (IAG) provides accurate and timely regulatory compliant investment accounting and regulatory data services to insurance clients who have outsourced their accounting function to BlackRock. The provision of services by the IAG team includes the oversight of monthly accounting packages and support schedules including regulatory returns for Solvency II and Lloyd’s data.
This role will likely initially focus on both client Accounting Services and Investment Accounting.
They are looking for people who have:
- A general understanding of the operation and applicability of accounting and regulatory standards and how to account for investments. Knowledge of insurance company accounting and a professional accountancy qualification is desirable but not essential.
- The ability to build and effectively manage client relationships.
- Strong project management and planning skills.
- Strong people management skills including guiding and mentoring team members
- A flexible approach
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products – Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
Global Investment Operations (GIO) are responsible for ensuring that all aspects of the transaction lifecycle, that fuels BlackRock’s investment management process is complete, accurate, timely and effectively controlled. The group provides services which include, but are not limited to: trade processing, transition services, asset servicing, market and derivative documentation, reconciliation, movement of margin and collateral.
Client Invoicing Services (CIS) are responsible for the accurate and timely production, issuance and collection of Management and Performance Fees for BlackRock clients.
They are looking for people who have:
- Experience in the Financial Service industry (preferred)
- A results-oriented and flexible approach
- Strong relationship management skills
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- A highly motivated self-starter
Core System Operations
This is a great opportunity within their Core Systems Operations (CSO) which is responsible for maintaining system performance for critical applications used at BlackRock., together with supporting over 200 external organizations which leverage their systems through BlackRock Solutions offerings. CSO plays an essential role in integrating cross-functional teams in systems support, providing technical support for customers, leading the technical implementation at new BlackRock Sytems clients and acting as the internal liaison for Client Relationship Managers.
Additionally, CSO owns critical governance functions such as Software and Infrastructure Change Management, as well as leading strategic initiatives through its Project Management function. CSO is a fast-paced team operating in a dynamic environment and provides the right individual with challenging work and an opportunity to lead multiple groups in achieving a wide variety of objectives.
A successful candidate is expected to possess and demonstrate the following:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, and adept at communicating with all levels of the business and technical parts of the organization.
- Excellent organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Self directed, effective at prioritization and takes full ownership of responsibilities and is a dependable teammate.
- Ability to plan and execute projects working collaboratively with end users (which may include Development teams and business-side managers).
- Adaptive individual, able to multi-task and adjust in a fast moving environment.
- Have an interest and aptitude for technologies and proprietary systems.
BlackRock helps clients around the world with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system and insurance accounting services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. Their Edinburgh office has over 700 employees and supports the BlackRock business globally in many of these business lines. At September 30, 2017, BlackRock’s AUM was $6 trillion and the firm had approximately 13,500 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets.
For additional information, please visit the Company’s website at www.blackrock.com; Twitter: @blackrock_news; Blog: www.blackrockblog.com; LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
Please apply with your CV and cover letter (with subject line Application for 2018 Returner Programme) to BlackRockWINEdinburgh@blackrock.com
For any specific queries for BlackRock please email BlackRockWINEdinburgh@blackrock.com
For any programme queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org
BlackRock is an equal opportunity employer. They evaluate qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.