BlackRock Pilot Returner Programme
Start date: Various
Programme: Supported hiring programme
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. BlackRock is delighted to partner with Women Returners on this pilot returners programme. The closing date for applications is 12th June 2018.
What are they offering?
BlackRock is offering permanent roles from day one and will support you to refresh your knowledge. The Returners Programme will help you successfully transition back into work through:
- Professional coaching via Women Returners
- A dedicated mentor who will provide advice during the onboarding process
- Ongoing support from the business
Who are they looking for?
BlackRock has opportunities in a variety of business areas:
The Core Portfolio Management team provides support to the Fundamental Active Equity (FAE) Portfolio Management teams with specific responsibility for all cash management, portfolio construction, order implementation and operational and control functions within the FAE Investment process.
Fundamental Active Equities Core PM
This role is a supervisory position within the Fundamental Active Equities Core PM team, providing leadership support to the Core PM team leader and day to day supervision of processes and controls within the team.
The role requires strong attention to detail, fluency in various internal systems (to be learned) and Excel. Operating within a pre-established framework, following process and procedures but driving efficiencies and innovation within that framework. The role is best suited to someone analytical, organised and at ease with numbers.
This role also requires people management and leadership skills as you would be looking after other team members and be key in guiding them to develop their careers. This role is also about connecting various business partners internally to solve issues and drive efficiencies.
BlackRock thinks returners would be ideally placed to demonstrate those skills.
Active Equity Talent Lead
Active Equities (AE) is focused on building a culture which represents the values, norms and traditions of a diverse workforce, enhancing the way they think, interact and behave to drive investment performance across the Active Equity platform.
The newly created Active Equity Talent lead will partner with Human Resources, AE Executive Committee and leadership teams to develop and execute a comprehensive talent agenda for the business.
The successful candidate will coordinate the AE talent and Inclusion & Diversity agenda and lead the following initiatives;
- Chair and drive the AE Talent and I&D Committee agendas ensuring the delivery of key initiatives
- Lead AE Talent management initiatives
- Partner with HR/recruiting to build the employee brand and be a talent scout for AE
- Build and maintain relationships with key members of Talent Committees from other BLK business’ (including HR Business Partners); leverage best practice, share ideas, consider initiatives which can be scaled
- Develop a support program for AE investors including: return to work, maternity support, flexible working initiatives, career breaks etc. Work with AE leadership team to create a best in class environment for active investors
This role has people at its heart. You will be the key connector of BlackRock’s most talented equity investors to help and guide them develop their people skills and help their own teams develop their careers and aspirations.
HR background is preferred but not necessary if you have experience dealing with busy individuals and getting the best out of people and teams. Understanding and addressing individuals needs to help achieve a common objective is key here. BlackRock thinks returners with lateral experience dealing with people can bring a lot to this business.
This is a great opportunity to join the International Cash Management Group, which has a strong track record in delivering high quality and liquid investment solutions to clients. The group services a range of clients, including corporates, financial institutions and institutional investors, through a suite of pooled money market funds and tailored separately managed liquidity and short duration accounts. Their investment philosophy is built on a risk-controlled framework, featuring careful analysis of credit, macroeconomic trends and relative value opportunities, which ultimately produce investment returns on a risk adjusted basis.
The Investment team is currently looking for a Dollar Portfolio Manager to join the global team. The successful candidate will contribute to strategy setting for the International Dollar accounts, trade in the offshore Dollar markets and work with the product strategy and client teams in support of the client base.
They are looking for people who have:
- Preferred experience in trading and/ or portfolio management
- Knowledge of financial markets and understanding of credit and risk management
- Research, quantitative or analytical skills
- Presentation and written communication skills
- Client-facing experience and ability to articulate tailored portfolio and client solutions
- Interpersonal skills to help foster an inclusive culture of teamwork and knowledge sharing
EMEA Retail Business – Solutions
Solutions is one of the six strategic pillars and a key area of growth for the EMEA Retail business looking forward. The team is responsible for Solutions sales across EMEA working with BlackRock’s sales teams to cultivate, project manage and help drive and deliver solutions related sales across the region.
What does the Role Involve?
- Support the Head of Retail Solutions in her connectivity across the regions and work to develop and deliver sales and strategy presentations
- Manage and monitor the financial reporting for solutions along with pipeline oversight
- Monitor existing solutions business for performance, operational health and asset gathering in collaboration with sales team
- Project manage new or existing initiatives as required from start through conclusion
- Ad-hoc client strategy and analytics support
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- A solid understanding of the asset management industry, in particular the wealth segment, as well as of investment products
- Background in working with clients either through sales or product strategy
- Proven track record in stakeholder and project management
- Highly energetic, flexible, and motivated, with a commitment to excellence
- English fluency required plus one additional European language preferred
- Experience in Excel and PowerPoint, in particular preparing sales and strategy presentations
Legal & Compliance
BlackRock’s Legal and Compliance team works with the business to develop investment management products and business solutions that comply with the numerous legal and regulatory requirements to which BlackRock is subject. Legal and Compliance is responsible for, among other things, overseeing regulatory matters; coordinating litigation and legal proceedings; negotiating and structuring contracts and other complex transactions; providing ongoing legal advice regarding new and existing products, strategies and investments; establishing legal and compliance policies and procedures that meet applicable regulatory requirements, providing training and testing the operative effectiveness of those policies and procedures.
The right candidates will:
- Actively participate in business decisions in order to champion clients’ interests
- Ensure that client interests are at the centre of everything they do
- Help to cultivate and enhance the compliance culture within BlackRock
- Provide thought leadership, analysis and advice on the impact of the regulatory framework on the business and its clients
- Partner with the business to find commercial and implementable solutions while protecting the BlackRock brand
- Particularly interested in candidates with legal qualifications or previous compliance experience
Institutional Client Business
BlackRock’s institutional business serves corporate and public sector pension funds, charities and endowments, insurers and other financial institutions, sovereign wealth funds as well as governments and official institutions.
BlackRock’s institutional clients have very specific needs that require genuine partnership. The business aims to be an investment partner by listening to clients, understanding them and by applying investment expertise across asset classes and markets to solve their needs.
In practice, their commitment to fostering long-term relationships means they can gain a deep understanding of their clients’ long-term objectives. Having a culture where they share knowledge across asset classes and regions allows them to create investment solutions that better meet client specific challenges. Underpinning their offering is their risk management culture and systems: they seek to ensure that every investment position is deliberate, diversified and appropriately scaled.
- Successful candidates will be responsible for owning the day to day relationship management of a book of assigned clients (lead Relationship Manager)
- At the more junior level (Associate and below) this will also include supporting the servicing requirements of the lead Account Managers on their client books
- Degree level qualification
- IMC essential with CFA candidate or holder preferred
- Demonstrated aptitude for building service oriented relationships and can effectively manage these in clients with assets up to £200M AUM
- A good understanding of asset classes and markets including equities, fixed income, and alternatives
- Strong track record in sales related role
- Excellent communication skills, highly articulate and able to tailor communication style to the audience
- Ability to build consensus and to influence both internally and externally
- Previous exposure to liability driven investing and advising on risk management solutions for clients would be an advantage
- Ability to analyse client servicing needs and work with internal stakeholder teams to provide resolution
- International experience will be beneficial
Please apply with your CV and cover letter (with the business area you are applying for in the subject line) to BlackRockWINLondon@blackrock.com. The closing date for applications is 12th June 2018.
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is an equal opportunity employer. They evaluate qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.