Lawyer (Construction or Property background)
Programme: Supported hire into permanent role, full time or flexible hours
This is a supported hire position: successful hires who have taken a career break of 2+ years will receive coaching support through the transition period from Women Returners.
Blackfinch is a growing, forward-thinking investment management company in the Cheltenham/Gloucester area. With a 25 year heritage, Blackfinch continues to grow with approximately £200 million under management and in administration. The organisation values flexibility, transparency and integrity amongst its team and in working with its customers.
Who they are looking for
They are looking for a lawyer with a background in either Construction Law or Property Law to join its in-house legal team. You will become part of a company that wants to create value as well as enabling both their customers and own people to thrive.
You will be working within the four member in-house legal team, reporting to the Head of Legal in this highly varied and interesting role. The team work very closely together so there may be times when you are needed to help other members of the team as Blackfinch grow. This role will be ideal for anyone looking to make their first move in-house from private practice, returning to work or moving from an existing in-house legal position.
Key role responsibilities
- Handling a mixed caseload of bridging and development finance of UK commercial, residential and mixed used properties.
- Advising on the property, planning and development work of real estate and construction projects.
- Liaising with the commercial team and external advisors (lawyers, monitoring surveyors and valuers).
- Part of the group legal team providing general legal advice on a range of corporate and commercial law matters to the wider investment group (including renewables, funds and private equity).
- 4yr+PQE lawyer (there is no upper limit on experience and experienced candidates are welcome).
- A background as a transactional lawyer in any of the following areas: construction, real estate or commercial.
- Be able to work autonomously within part of a growing in-house legal team.
- Ability to adapt and learn new roles and areas of law.
Training and benefits
Blackfinch are keen to support any candidate that would wish to refresh or increase their knowledge of either area of law, or indeed their professional skills, during their employment as part of their commitment to the personal and professional development of all staff.
A generous benefits package is available including a pension scheme, a bonus scheme, 23 days holiday (increasing to 25 after two years), games/reading rooms and Pizza Fridays.
The role can be full time or flexible hours (including reduced hours during school holidays if desired). The role will be based in Gloucester.
For further information or to apply for the role, please send a cover letter and CV by email to Fiona Brunt at email@example.com. Please reference that you saw this through Women Returners when applying.