Baringa’s Returners Programme
Applications for 2018 have now closed
Baringa Partners is an independent business and technology consultancy, operating across Financial Services, Energy & Resources and Products & Services. Baringa uses their industry insights, ideas and pragmatism to help each client improve their business. Collaboration is central to their strategy and culture. It’s why their clients love working with them, and their people too.
Baringa is a great place to work. They won the top spot in 2017 in the Great Place to Work awards and have been recognised in the top 10 for the last 10 consecutive years. The emphasis they have put on treating everyone as an individual and their people-focused policies/processes underpin their unique culture.
About Baringa’s Returners Programme
Baringa’s 20-week programme is aimed at individuals who have taken a career break of 2+ years and are looking to return into the working environment on either a 4 or 5-day week basis. During your time with Baringa you will have the opportunity to work on interesting client-facing projects whilst supported by a network of individuals, including your Sponsor, Baringa Project Manager and wider peer group.
Alongside the training that Baringa will provide, you will also receive bespoke external coaching from Women Returners. At the end of this programme there is the opportunity of a permanent position.
Who is Baringa looking for?
- Experienced professionals looking to return to work after an extended career break (2+ years), who have a background in management consulting or have operated within an internal business or technology change function in industry
- They are particularly interested in individuals who have worked in the Financial Services, Energy & Resources, Telecoms & Media or Consumer Products & Retail sectors
- Highly collaborative people who are keen to be part of a supportive and growing business
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build effective relationships
What’s in it for you?
- The flexibility of working a 4-day week (Tues – Fri), or 5-day week if preferred, in a supportive and engaging environment
- You will have the opportunity to take real ownership of your work on interesting and stimulating projects, which are at the forefront of the industries in which Baringa operate
- You will receive training from Baringa and have access to external coaching from Women Returners.
- Access to a fantastic support network to help you be successful in your new role
- Lots of opportunity for networking, social events, and informal learning sessions through brown bags in a relaxed and friendly organisation
Programme dates: 27th February 2018 – 13th July 2018
Working pattern: Tuesday – Friday, or the option to work a 5-day week (if preferred)
Location: Baringa’s offices are based in Southwark, London, however their clients are spread throughout the UK. Whilst every opportunity will be made for you to work on a London-based project, there may be a possibility of you being placed on an out-of-town project. However they do set expectations with clients that individuals will be based in the London office on a Friday, so you would never spend any more than 2 nights away from home (3 nights if a 5-day week) – as a worst case scenario.
Remuneration: Flexible depending on level / experience and is paid at a rate relative to the internal bandings for the respective level.
For more information on how to apply, please visit www.baringa.com/careers/returners-programme/
- The closing date for applications is 11th January 2018, with assessment days being held for successful applicants on either the 30th or 31st January 2018.
If you have any questions feel free to contact Tom Herron on firstname.lastname@example.org