Baird Mint – Finance Director
This is a supported hire position: successful hires who have taken a career break of 2+ years will receive coaching support through the transition period from Women Returners.
With an outstanding pedigree stretching back 50 years, Baird & Co. is one of the UK’s leading full service bullion traders, manufacturers and refiners, as well as being the UK’s largest Gold refinery. Founded in 1967, Baird & Co is still an independent, family run organisation who manufacture and trade an array of bullion products for investors, the jewellery trade and industrial applications.
The 64 strong Baird & Co team are highly skilled industry professionals with an International reputation for integrity and a proven track record of market activity. Skills range from engineering, manufacturing, logistics, finance to health & safety.
The main processing and manufacturing divisions of Baird & Co are located in more than 30,000 sq.ft of high security premises in East London within easy reach of Canary Wharf and London City Airport.
Who they are looking for
As a result of strong continued success and as the organisation continues to mature, Baird & Co are looking for a Finance Director to help drive the business through its next phase of evolution.
Key role responsibilities
- To create a financial strategy and plan working closely with the Executive Directors and NEDs of Baird & Co.
- To lead and manage the Accounts team of 4.
- To oversee financial accounting and reporting.
- To oversee liquidity and treasury functions.
- To liaise with external stakeholders including: HMRC; Auditors; Operating and Trading Banks; Regulatory Authorities; Companies House and FRC as required.
- To drive financial performance
The position requires an experienced Finance Director or Head of Finance who comes from a background in SME’s and enjoys working as part of a fast-paced, high-growth team.
- 5+ years’ professional experience in a senior Finance position, managing a Finance team.
- ACA or FCA qualified Accountant.
- Proven experience of creating and managing Financial Strategy.
- Ability to liaise and manage with key shareholders and Non-Executive Directors.
- Someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment with a commercial focus.
- Experience in the financial, manufacturing or commodities industries would be a significant advantage.
For further information or to apply for the role, please send a cover letter and CV by email to Nicholas Hammond at Nicholas.firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference that you saw this through Women Returners when applying.
The application closing date is 12th January 2018.