Aviva Investors Return to Work Programme 2020
Applications have now closed
Start date: January 2020
Programme: 6 month returnship
If you’re ready to return to work in the investment sector after a career break and you’re actively looking for your next challenge, then the Aviva Investors Return to Work Programme could be the answer. After the success of last year’s programme, Aviva is excited to run the programme for a second year, with potential opportunities targeting experienced professionals looking to return to work after an extended career break of 2 or more years. They are fully committed to agile working and are happy to explore flexible working options with any applicant.
The Aviva Investors Return to Work Programme is a tailored six month initiative for finance professionals (with the potential to lead to more permanent opportunities).
What you can expect
- The programme offers a paid placement of 6 months, starting in January 2020, and the possibility of a permanent role at the end of the placement
- They are looking at experienced level positions across a number of their business areas. Roles will be in London
- Whether you are looking for a different working pattern, working from home or part time, Aviva is happy to work with you. They are open to discuss your flexible working requirements, and could look to locate you within a business team that suits your working pattern as an individual
- You will have the opportunity to work in a collaborative, team environment within a growing international business, and enjoy the support of your peers on the programme
- You will receive internal and external support to help you to transition successfully back into the workplace, including a mentor and buddy and specialised returner coaching
What Aviva would like from you
Aviva is looking for people who have a background in Financial Services or Asset Management, with experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Fund Management, Portfolio Management or Analysis in Fixed Income, Equity, Multi Asset, Real Assets
- Real Estate Finance & Real Estate
- Structured Finance
- Private Lending
- Capital Markets
- Relationship Management and sales
- Consultant Relations
- Investment Specialists
- Project Management
- Highly collaborative people with the ability to build effective relationships
- Commercially astute people who put the client at the forefront of everything they do
- Excellent communicators
- Effective executors who can show initiative and accountability
- People who are able to look to the future, challenge the status quo and make decisions
- Previous experience working within a financial services environment, ideally, but not essentially within Asset Management
More about Aviva Investors
Aviva Investors is an asset management company, part of the Aviva group, with global assets under management of over £457 Billion, including equities, fixed income, investment solutions, multi-asset, and property investments.
The future is full of questions. They believe in the power of integration to defy uncertainty, creating opportunity and providing investors with confidence in their investment decisions and outcomes. That’s why they integrate their whole business around their clients – the outcomes they want, the values they hold, the experience they’ll have when they invest with Aviva. Their unique approach centres around the following:
- Client-centric construction
- Connected thinking
- Responsibility built in
Aviva only sees talent. By actively identifying, nurturing and rewarding people’s unique skills, they build a better working environment and a more effective and innovative service.
They believe a company that doesn’t welcome new ideas, skillsets, beliefs, cultures and ethnicities from different sectors cannot grow or adapt to global challenges. To them, the greater the diversity, the greater the business.
To encourage inclusivity in the investment industry, they are proud to be part of The Diversity Project, which aims to achieve diversity across gender, ethnicity, socioeconomic backgrounds, LGBTQ+, age and disability. Their CEO, Euan Munro, sits on the advisory board and they are active members.
They believe that gender diversity is important for morale, productivity and performance across their business. They have introduced equalised maternity and paternity leave across their organisation, and have a coaching programme for mothers and fathers taking leave.
To find out more
Applications close on 21st October 2019. All applications will be reviewed and applicants invited for interviews from end of October to November 2019. Offers will be made mid November, with the programme starting in January 2020.
Click here to apply now.
To find out more, or if you have any further questions, please email Aviva Investors at email@example.com.