Aviva Investors Return to Work Programme
Start date: January 2019
Programme: 6 month returnship
If you’re ready to return to work in the investment sector after a career break and you’re actively looking for your next challenge, then the Aviva Investors Return to Work Programme could be the answer.
Aviva Investors has built their business on welcoming and supporting the very best talent to drive them – and their industry – forward. Their new programme embodies this philosophy by providing valuable, exciting and flexible opportunities across the organisation.
The Aviva Investors Return to Work Programme is a tailored six month initiative for finance professionals returning to work after an extended career break of two years or more (with the potential to lead to more permanent opportunities).
Aviva Investors knows that returning to work can be a big step to take, but don’t worry. They’re here to answer any questions you may have, support you wherever they can and help you to work in a way that’s best for you and your circumstances.
What you can expect from Aviva Investors
The Return to Work Programme offers you a paid placement of six months, starting in January 2019, with the potential to go on to work with Aviva Investors in a more permanent role. But it offers you so much more:
- Flexible Working – Aviva Investors understands and fully appreciates the demands that life outside work can place on all of us. So they will explore potential arrangements with you, from flexible hours to working from home options.
- Peer To Peer Support – Aviva Investors’ programme is run as a group intake, so all their returners start the programme together. Plus, there will be supportive group forums throughout your returnship placement.
- Rounded Training – Aviva Investors wants to make sure you feel completely happy in your role, so they offer expert back-to-work transition coaching, plus the opportunity for you to refresh every discipline you need, from technical skills to personal effectiveness.
When your initial six months is up, they’ll then work with you to explore opportunities for a more permanent role.
What Aviva would like from you
Aviva Investors is looking for professional experience in financial services, ideally within Asset Management, in one or more of the following areas:
- Fund Management, Portfolio Management or Analysis in Fixed Income, Equity, Multi Asset, Real Assets
- Real Estate Debt/Equity
- Infrastructure Debt/Equity
- Structured Finance
- Private Lending
- Capital Markets
- Real Estate
- Relationship Management
- Consultant Relations
- Investment Specialists
- Project Management
But more than this, they are looking for specific qualities that show you are:
- A collaborative team member who is proficient in building – and growing – effective, lasting relationships
- A talented individual who will proactively ask questions, challenge assumptions and show initiative
- A motivated contributor who is always looking for fresh ways to make a positive difference for our clients and our company
If all this sounds like you, then get talking to them.
More about Aviva Investors
Aviva Investors is one of the world’s leading global Asset Managers. It is an integral part of their culture to always look to the challenges ahead and be equipped to deal with a rapidly changing market. So they’re always looking for talented people with a proven background in Financial Services or Asset Management to help them do this.
“ We don’t employ robots. We don’t want sheep. We value the independent thinkers, the curious, the disruptors. The positive people who set out to make a genuine, lasting, positive difference.”
Aviva is an inclusive and connected business. They have their own international Women’s Network. They are championing the Diversity Project, with their CEO, Euan Munro sitting on the advisory board, as they aim to achieve diversity across all dimensions, including gender, ethnicity, socio-economic background, LGBT+, age and disability. One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways they like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies. What’s important to them is that you are supported to do the best work of your life, and that you find it rewarding.
To find out more
Applications run to 28th October 2018. Aviva Investors will hold an information session during the week of 29th October with interviews from the 5th to the 16th November 2018. Offers will be made mid November, with the programme starting in January 2019.
Click here to apply now.
To find out more, or if you have any further questions, please email Aviva Investors at firstname.lastname@example.org.