Amazon Web Services Returners Program
Start date: Ongoing
Programme: Permanent supported hire opportunities; flexible working available
Currently closed for applications
Are you looking to get back into a full time career after having a break? Want to join the world’s leading cloud technology organisation? If your answers are yes and you’re intrigued in finding out more, keep on reading…
Amazon Web Services (AWS) has designed the Returners Program to offer people who have been on a career break an opportunity to return to full-time work. The program is designed to help and support you back into a permanent role with the goal of setting you up with the skills and knowledge you need for success.
For the pilot, AWS is looking for Account Managers to join its commercial segment team in London.
What will the Returners Program offer?
If you have been out of the workforce for longer than two years, and want to come back and restart your career with AWS, the Returners Program is created to help and support you to become successful.
They want to ensure that you are supported back into a full-time working environment and here’s what they do to support you:
- Train their line managers on how they can add extra support and development for Returners
- Provide you with Returner Coaching workshops from Women Returners to include:
- Building your professional self-belief
- Managing the transition back to work
- Creating an effective life balance
- Networking and self-marketing
- Planning for your future at AWS
- Partner you up with a mentor and buddy who are subject matter experts in providing technical cloud solutions to customers across UK and Ireland.
How will I benefit from working with Amazon Web Services?
Amazon Web Services is a dynamic, growing business unit within Amazon.com. They are a company of builders. You will see that AWS is filled with smart, passionate people who are building new products and services, and innovating in every business. Here’s some of the great benefits that you’ll get from joining them on their program.
- Flexible working – They‘ll offer you working from home days. They understand that flexibility is key in maintaining a work life harmony. Your manager will work with you to establish the best and most productive use of your time.
- Job Security – AWS understands that returning to work after a career break may seem daunting, but they want to set you up for success. Not only are they providing you a full-time opportunity to return to work, they will ensure that your development within AWS is key to your career path to success.
- Work in a global environment – an opportunity for you to work with the world’s leading cloud technology with great people across the world.
- Great benefits – as standard, Amazon provides employees with free private healthcare for you and subsidised private healthcare for your family, childcare vouchers, up to 10% discount on purchases on amazon.co.uk, 50% off gym membership, and many, many more with details available here.
AWS values employees from diverse backgrounds, ethnicities, career paths, and education. This is what makes their culture peculiar and has led them into exploring diverse talent. AWS’s future relies on building an inclusive workforce, who can deliver customer and business success.
Who are they looking for?
AWS is looking for Account Managers to join its commercial segment team in London.
- AWS is hiring proactive account management professionals, with B2B sales experience, who have a passion for technology and cloud based services.
- A successful account manager would be eager to learn and develop themselves and be confident in running autonomously, managing their own virtual business within the UK.
How to apply
Explore the opportunities available here: AWS Returners Program. As these are currently open roles, please apply as soon as possible. Please tell Amazon that you found the role through Women Returners.
If you have any queries about the programme please email Akef on firstname.lastname@example.org