Amazon Web Services Returners Program Dublin
Start date: March 2019
Programme: Permanent supported hire opportunities; flexible working available
Return to work and build the future of cloud computing with Amazon Web Services
Amazon Web Services (AWS) has designed the Returners Program to offer individuals who have been on a career break an opportunity to return to full-time employment. The program is designed to help and support you back into a permanent role with the goal of setting you up with the skills and knowledge you need for success at AWS.
Following the success of the 2018 London pilot, AWS is launching their first 2019 roles in Dublin in the Premium Support Team to start in March 2019.
What does the AWS Returners Program offer?
In Amazon Web Services, they don’t mind being called “peculiar.” They have their own way of doing things. They’re obsessed with customers, they see beauty in simplifying the complex, and they’re comfortable with being misunderstood. That might sound unorthodox, but their unusual approach and their culture – focused on removing obstacles so builders can build – are part of why their employees enjoy working in AWS.
AWS is helping over a million customers in 190 countries leverage the power of cloud computing. Being a global company isn’t just about worldwide availability or working with international customers; they also see the value in building global teams. Here are some of the great benefits that you’ll get from joining the program.
- A global environment – an opportunity for you to work with the world’s leading cloud technology with talented people across the world.
- A full-time career – AWS is committed to hiring Returners into long-term full time roles. This is not a short-term internship but a position that allows you to pick-up your career and build a future with AWS.
- Flexibility – Flexibility is key in maintaining a work life harmony. While your role is full-time, your manager will work with you to establish the best and most productive use of your time.
- Returners support framework – AWS understands that coming back to work after an extended break comes with challenges. The Returners Program will provide you with robust onboarding in the first 6 months. You will also be partnered with a peer coach who is a subject matter expert and can help ease your transition back in the workforce. Your manager will guide you through your development and provide the necessary functional training to bring your skills up to speed.
- Great benefits – The perks of being an Amazon employee don’t stop at collaborating with great people on exciting and innovative projects. Amazon’s benefits support the needs of their diverse workforce and their family members, no matter what stage they’re at in their life or career. See more here.
Learn more about AWS and the great work they do by visiting aws.amazon.com.
Who are they looking for?
If you have been out of the workforce for longer than two years, and want to restart your career, the AWS Returners Program could be for you. As a Returner:
– You will bring your voice. AWS values individual expression, respects different opinions, and works together to create a culture where each employee is able to contribute fully.
– You will accelerate your growth. The scope and scale of what AWS does for their customers drive them to experiment with new possibilities, take risks and learn quickly.
– You will chart your own path. The possibilities you explore, the opportunities you take advantage of, and the impact you have is driven by your ideas and initiative.
– You will embrace the challenge. At AWS building the future is inspiring and fun and they embrace the challenge that comes with inventing and delivering things that were never thought possible.
– You will use our Leadership Principles every day. Whether discussing ideas for new projects or deciding on the best approach to solving a problem their Leadership Principles is just one of the things that makes Amazon peculiar. Learn more about their Leadership principles here.
How to apply
Explore the opportunities available here: AWS Returners Program. Roles will be added into the programme on an ongoing basis, so check for updates. As these are currently open roles, please apply as soon as possible. Please tell Amazon that you found the role through Women Returners.
If you have any queries about the programme please email Annecharlotte Willot on firstname.lastname@example.org