Location: UK-wide, including (but not limited to) St Albans, Croydon, Basingstoke, London, Birmingham & Bristol
Start date: April 2018
Programme: 6 month returnship
AECOM is excited to be partnering with Women Returners to launch their first returner programme. Open to applicants of any gender, they are looking for individuals who have taken a career break of two years or more, and who are looking to get back into the workplace with a structured and supportive programme. Recruitment days and interviews will be taking place in February with placements commencing in April 2018. Apply by 18 February 2018.
AECOM is a global network of industry experts working on many of the world’s most important, complex and challenging projects. AECOM’s talented teams design, build, finance, operate and manage some of the most innovative projects around the world: from delivering clean water and energy, to building iconic skyscrapers and sports stadiums, planning new cities and restoring damaged environments. AECOM helps to connect people, communities and economies with roads, bridges, tunnels and transportation systems. So come on board and help deliver a better world.
What you will receive:
- A paid placement for six months, with the opportunity for the role to become permanent
- An opportunity to work on some of AECOM’s leading and most high profile projects
- Coaching sessions run by Women Returners to help you successfully transition back to the work place
- Access to an abundance of internal on-line training to help you refresh your skills
- Flexible working patterns may be available depending on the role
- A competitive salary in line with market rates
What AECOM is looking for:
Have you previously had a successful career working in any of the following fields: Transport Planning or Modelling, Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Structural or Building Engineering, Construction, Building Surveying, Commercial/Contracts Management, Project Management, Environmental Impact Assessments or Ecology? You will already have a wealth of experience and AECOM looks forward to you bringing a fresh perspective to their teams and projects.
*AECOM also welcome applicants with relevant experience who are based outside of these locations, as they may be able to consider you for their other office location throughout the UK
- Transportation Planners and Engineers in the fields of Traffic, Highways, Transport Planning, and Modelling – based in St Albans, Croydon, Bedford, Basingstoke and London*.
- Civil Engineer – to work on water & flood risk projects – based in Croydon and Basingstoke*
- Mechanical Engineer (Building Engineering) – based in St Albans*
- Electrical Engineer (Building Engineering) – based in St Albans*
- Project Manager (Buildings + Places Sector) working on educational projects – based in London
- Building Surveyor (Buildings + Places Sector) – based in London*
- Contracts Support (Buildings + Places Sector) – legal administration background required to support the review and finalisation of contracts – based in London or St Albans
- Ecologist – based in Basingstoke and Croydon*
- Environmental Impact Assessment Consultant – based in Birmingham and Bristol*
How to apply
To apply, please visit AECOM jobs and submit a CV & covering letter, ideally stating which of the roles and locations you would be most interested in. For any queries please contact AECOM at TalentAcquisition.UKI@aecom.com. Closing date for applications is 18 February 2018.