Location: UK and Ireland
Start date: April 2020
Programme: 6 month returnship
AECOM is excited to be partnering with Women Returners again to run their 2020 Returner Programme, now in its successful third year. Open to applicants of any gender, AECOM is looking for individuals who have taken a career break of 2 years or more, and who are looking to get back into the workplace with this structured and supportive programme.
What can AECOM Returners offer you:
- A paid placement for 6 months, with the opportunity for the role to become permanent.
- An opportunity to work on some of AECOM’s leading & most high profile projects.
- Coaching sessions run by Women Returners to help you successfully transition back to the workplace.
- Access to an abundance of internal on-line training to help you refresh your skills.
- A flexible working style with AECOM’s Freedom to Grow Programme which provides employees with the freedom needed to find the working style that suits you. Guiding Principle: if it works for you, your team and your client then it works for AECOM.
- A competitive salary in line with market rates
- The opportunity to join AECOM’s growing network of Returners
Read about Claire’s experience of returning to work on the AECOM Returner Programme here
Read about Aubrey’s experience of returning to work on the AECOM Returner Programme here
AECOM is a global network of industry experts working on many of the world’s most important, complex and challenging projects. Their talented teams design, build, finance, operate and manage some of the most innovative projects around the world. From delivering clean water and energy, building iconic skyscrapers and sports stadiums, planning new cities, restoring damaged environments. They help to connect people and economies with roads, bridges, tunnels and transportation systems. So come on board and help AECOM deliver a better world.
Why they’ve launched the programme
AECOM believes that a diverse workforce empowers their thinking, enriches their culture and unlocks solutions to the most complex challenges.
“To become a truly premier infrastructure firm, we must attract and retain the best talent from all walks of life. You will be an integral part of our team when joining the Returner programme – we’ll help you reignite your potential and renew your confidence to take your career to the next level.”
David Barwell, Chief Executive, UK & Ireland
AECOM is looking for professionals who are ready to re-start their careers after an extended career break of at least 2 years. During this time you may have worked on a small-scale or self-employed basis to fit around your other commitments, or have not done any paid work for number of years. You will have had a wealth of experience and they look forward to you bringing a fresh perspective to their teams & projects. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, AECOM believes in each person’s potential, and they’ll help you reach yours.
AECOM has opportunities for people with experience in any of the following fields in locations throughout the UK and Ireland:
- Civil Infrastructure – opportunities in Engineering, Planning and Rail Project Management to join the Roads, Rail, Bridges, Consulting, Aviation & Water, Ports & Power teams in offices – locations throughout the UK & Ireland. Click here for more information and to apply
- Environment & Ground Engineering – opportunities in the following specialisms, Ecology, Landscape, Geotechnical, Climate Change, Stakeholder Engagement, Environmental Consultants and Planners, Hydraulic Modelling and EHS – locations throughout the UK and Ireland. Click here for more information and to apply
- Buildings & Places – Opportunities in Project Management, Risk Management, Cost Management, Quantity Surveying, Building Surveying, Advisory and Sustainability – locations across the UK and Ireland. Click here for more information and to apply
If you don’t find a role that matches your skills and experience or in your chosen location, you can still register your interest here by joining AECOM’s Returners Talent Community. AECOM will contact you directly if they identify a relevant opportunity that matches your background and experience.
How to apply
Please submit a CV & Covering Letter using the relevant link above, stating how long your career break has been and which of the roles & locations you would be most interested in.
Interviews will be taking place from January to March with placements commencing on 27 April 2020, although AECOM can be flexible on start dates. Please apply as soon as possible as applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
For additional information please see AECOM’s Returners Information Page and the frequently asked questions. For any other queries please contact AECOM at TalentAcquisition.UKI@aecom.com referencing ‘AECOM Returners’.