Acorn Property Group is an independent development and regeneration company that has for over 20 years successfully created a range of residential led refurbishment and new build schemes. With offices in London, Bristol, Cardiff, the South and South West of England, their experienced imaginative management and construction and sales teams have led them to become one of the country’s most successful property developers and partners.
As employers Acorn understand their teams have the need for flexible and part time working and actively welcome anyone who has taken extended career breaks. They offer competitive packages and training support; benefits such as private healthcare, eye care scheme and paid time off for charitable work.
Role 1: Architect/Designer
Who are they looking for
An experienced Architect or interior Architect with a minimum 3 years working experience in the residential property sector. The role will be based in their London Head office but the individual may be required to visit their regional offices as and when required.
- Working with externally appointed Architects to maximise the value of development projects through good design. This will involve a mixture of:
- Management of external consultants
- Redesigning unit layouts where appropriate
- Interior Design
- Design of common parts
- Presentation boards
- Commissioning specialist art works, interior elements
- Selection of materials
- Ensuring tender information provides the right level of specification and design quality.
- Working with, and instructing via project managers, D&B contractors to ensure a high standard of delivery. In some cases this will require an element of redesign on site.
Candidates should have:
- Experience in mid to high end residential design. Predominantly contemporary but some traditional would be useful.
- Minimum qualification would be RIBA Part 1 or equivalent in Interior Architecture.
- RIBA parts 2 and 3 (or equivalent) would be useful but not vital.
This role is ideally full time, although this is negotiable and flexible working hours are possible.
Role 2: In-house Solicitor
A part-time experienced in-house Solicitor with experience in the private property development sector. Reporting to the Group Managing Director and Operations Director they will also work closely with the land teams. The post is based at the Head Office in North London.
Assisting in a Group Legal function, with specific responsibility for day to day legal matters across the five regions’ core businesses with particular emphasis on commercial law, including:-
- Reviewing, negotiating and drafting of Joint Ventures agreements and Loan Agreements.
- Assisting the land team with bid documents and drafting heads of terms.
- Reviewing Funding security documents and company schedules.
- Drafting internal inter company agreements as required and reviewing existing and ongoing corporate arrangements.
- Assisting with new development management structures and ensuring their suitability.
- Providing general and commercial legal support.
- Providing first level support in relation to dispute resolution.
- Liaising with external Solicitors on discreet matters.
- Support with the monitoring and communication of legal updates and training across the Group and advocating best practice.
- Ensuring that the group remains legally compliant and that risk is mitigated effectively.
Acorn anticipates this role to be 2 days per week, although the working pattern is flexible.
To apply for either position, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com stating which role you are interested in. For further enquiries please send an email to Acorn’s HR Director Mette Blackmore at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further company information, please see http://www.acornpropertygroup.org