Return to work with the Accenture Break|Through programme
Accenture is a leading global professional services company that serves clients in more than 120 countries. Accenture Break|Through is a 10-week, paid internship programme for experienced returning managers. It is designed to ensure that those considering a return to the workplace are given the re-entry support and training they need to thrive.
Returning to work, especially after a period of time away, can be daunting. So as well as getting a taste of life at Accenture, you’ll get to refresh your existing interpersonal skills and learn new technical skills – all of which you’ll put into practice in a project-based assignment. At the end of the programme, you will be in the ideal position to take the next step in your career with Accenture.
How You Will Benefit
- Five weeks’ training will help you refresh your skills and return to work with a flourish. The first two weeks will focus on understanding Accenture and how the firm does business, and honing some of your softer skills such as your leadership, commercial acumen, relationship management, and interpersonal skills. The final three weeks will focus on technology skills training by exposing you to the new IT technologies, and giving you an opportunity to specialise in training in one of three learning tracks: Technical Architect, Delivery Lead or Test Lead where you will be taught by experienced specialists in the business.
- You will be assigned a mentor who will be on-hand after the first-round interview until the end of the programme to offer you guidance and support, and ensure that you achieve your goals the way you want to. During the programme, your mentor will connect with you regularly on your progress and will be there to offer their diverse expertise. You will also meet a wide cross-section of Accenture’s technology leadership team through weekly sessions that will focus on hot industry topics.
- You will be part of a strong community of like-minded people who will help ease your transition, as well as share experiences, tips and advice. As well as building a strong support network of mentors and buddies, you’ll have access to a diverse range of clubs, societies and networking groups which will allow you to meet peers through a range of community and social events. After you complete the first five weeks’ training, you will start on a project within one of Accenture’s Technology Consulting teams – not just shadowing others, but getting right in the mix.
- Working with Accenture Technology, you will be able to unleash your skills and transform the world around you. Shape the technology of tomorrow, with the latest digital methodologies and design thinking like Cloud, AI, Intelligent Automation, DevOps and Agile. Through a career at Accenture, you will have the opportunity to implement innovative solutions to help clients drive disruption and stay ahead of the digital curve.
- A track record at management level in a technology or consulting environment
- Voluntary career break for two years or more
- Real passion for technology
Programme Dates: Mid-January to end of March 2018
Participating Offices: Fenchurch Street, London
Application Deadline: Friday 8th December 2017
Where to apply: www.accenture.com/gb-en/careers/technology-returners-programme
For further information, visit: www.accenture.com/gb-en/careers/technology-returners-programme
With any enquiries, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
BE YOURSELF, MAKE A DIFFERENCE.